Nestled among Maryland’s mountains is St. Joseph’s Academy, Mother Seton’s historic 19th century boarding school. You’ll meet the Seton Shrine’s celebrated Junior History Interpreters – girls ages 8-16 who portray real students of Mother Seton and her Sisters. Jump back in time with stories, music, farm animals, and more.
What To Expect:
- Most visitors will spend about two hours at the Shrine.
- You will encounter many historical interpreters, many of whom portray actual students from Mother Seton’s time! Don’t be shy: you are encouraged to speak with them, but don’t be surprised if their knowledge doesn’t exceed the year 1818.
- Visit the farm animals from Cruann Farms Petting Zoo
- Move your muscles and learn how physically taxing doing laundry could be
- Try your hand at fiber arts
- Learn how to write with a nib pen and ink
- Dabble in some watercolor
- Break a sweat at colonial dancing and outdoor games