Gettysburg Publishing First Annual Symposium & Book Signing
Time: 10 a.m. - 7 p.m.
Gettysburg Heritage Center Museum
297 Steinwehr Ave.
Join us for a day full of presentations & book signings by the historical authors of Gettysburg Publishing! This is a unique opportunity to hear from several prominent historical authors who specialize in Gettysburg & Civil War history.
This event is free and open to the public!
Books are available for purchase at the Gettysburg Heritage Center.
Schedule of Events:
Book signings will take place before and after presentations – see signing schedule below.
- 12:00 pm – Patricia Rich: Gettysburg – The Nature of a Battlefield – birds and flowers of the Gettysburg Battlefield.
- 1:00 pm – Scott Mingus: Irish Human Interest Stories of the the American Civil War
- 2:00 pm – Chris Bagley: Horses, the Battle and the Movie
- 3:00 pm – Ron Coddington: Civil War Portrait Photography: Reflections of a Generation. The first collectors of Civil War photos were those who lived during the four-year struggle.
- 4:00 pm – Mark Dunkelman: Gettysburg’s Unknown Soldier: The Life, Death and Celebrity of Amos Humiston & Gettysburg’s Coster Avenue – The Brickyard Fight and the Mural.
- 5:00 pm – Carolyn Ivanoff: Comrades in Combat: Stories and photos of some of the soldiers of the 17th Connecticut.
10:00 am – 1:00 pm:
- Bernadette Loeffel-Atkins: Widow’s Weeds and Weeping Veils
- Lisa Shower: A Quiet Town No More
- Kevin Drake: A Quiet Town No More & Test Your Knowledge on the Battle of Gettysburg
1:00 pm – 4:00 pm:
- Cindy Small: Jenny Wade of Gettysburg
- Pat Rich: Gettysburg – Nature of the Battlefield
- Scott Mingus, Sr: Erin Go Bragh, Human Interest Stories of the Gettysburg Campaign
- Ron Coddington: Gettysburg Faces
- Gerard Mayers: Erin Go Bragh, Into the Vortex
- Chris Bagley: The Horse at Gettysburg: Prepared for the Day of Battle
4:00 pm – 7:00 pm
- Mark Dunkelman: Gettysburg’s Coster Avenue & Gettysburg’s Unknown Soldier
- Carolyn Ivanoff: We Fought at Gettysburg
- Phil Laino: Gettysburg Campaign Atlas
- Steve Floyd: Commanders and Casualties at the Battle of Gettysburg
*Schedules are subject to change without notice.