Yes we have a famous battlefield to tour by car, bicycle, horseback, and even on foot but we boast a wealth of activities beyond those historic acres.
With adventures to suit every budget, Gettysburg and Adams County businesses offer plenty of packages to help visitors create their dream vacations.
The Spirit of Gettysburg 5K normally travels the first day of the historic Battle of Gettysburg, past the Eternal Light Peace Memorial. If you love road races, or want to run in one for the first time, the Spirit of Gettysburg 5K is for you.
Due to the COVID-19 Pandemic, this year’s run – our 30th annual – will be a virtual event! All participants will be mailed an official Spirit of Gettysburg face mask!
So, how does a virtual run work? It is heavily based on the honor system.
1. Register here. You can register anytime between now and June 30. If you know you want to participate, please register as soon as possible so we know how many masks to order.
2. You run/walk a 5K (3.1 miles) anytime between June 1 – 30 at the location of your choosing.
3. Upload your time to your Active.com account
4. Post pictures on social media using #VirtualSpiritofGettysburg
5. Wait for your Spirit of Gettysburg face mask to arrive in the mail.
If you already registered and do not want to participate in a Virtual Spirit, email email@example.com for a refund.
Thanks for being a loyal Spirit of Gettysburg participant. This fundraiser is crucial to our operations and is not possible without your support and the support of our wonderful sponsors!