Yoga, Pink Ribbons and Hope
Down Dog Gettysburg
280 South Howard Avenue, Winebrenner Parking Lot - By The Amphitheater
In support of Breast Cancer Awareness Month, Down Dog Gettysburg is pleased to partner with a local salon and offer a two-part, donation-based yoga class in support of the YWCA’s Encore Breast Cancer Support Group, whose members are part of the Pink Cadillacs, a team for the American Cancer Society’s Relay for Life. The Pink Cadillacs team participates in fundraisers, sponsors an annual breast cancer awareness 5K, and partners with other community groups—all in an effort to bring information, consciousness and vigilance about breast cancer to women.
Here’s what we have planned!
- Part-1 (4-4:30pm): A 30-minute Q&A Introduction To Yoga presentation where you can ask questions, view demonstrations or try it yourself—This is a perfect opportunity if you are curious about yoga and want to learn more in a welcoming, and socially-distanced outdoor environment.
- Part-2 (4:45-5:45pm): A 60-minute All-levels Vinyasa Flow yoga class—Stay around after Part-1, or just show up for Part-2 and practice yoga with other community members.
- Social Distancing: Standard protocols will be practiced.
- Donations: Cash and check donations only. If writing a check, make the check payable to YWCA Encore Breast Cancer Support Group (one donation for both yoga classes is fine).
- Location: Gettysburg Area Recreation Park—directly across from the Winebrenner Parking Lot off of South Howard Avenue (near the Amphitheater).
- Yoga Mats: If you intend to practice yoga, please bring your own mat and any additional props that you may use.
- Clothing: Please dress for the weather, as the class will be outdoors at the Gettysburg Area Recreation Park.
- Inclement Weather: Class will be rescheduled (TBD).
Come on out and be part of something extraordinary!