- Residential Small (façade with 30 linear feet of frontage or less)
- Residential Large (more than 30 linear feet of frontage or with a yard)
- Commercial Small (frontage of 30 linear feet or less)
- Commercial Large (more than 30 linear feet of frontage or with a yard)
Contest Rules, Criteria & Prizes:
- Physical property must be located in the Borough of Gettysburg, though the owner may reside elsewhere.
- Registration deadline is November 27, 2023, at 11:59 p.m.
- Decorations must be in place from December 1st – January 1st.
- Judging will randomly occur during the contest period.
- At a minimum, lights, & displays should be lit & operational between the hours of 6:00 – 8:00 p.m. daily.
- The winner will be announced in the first week of January 2024.
- Destination Gettysburg will award four (4) $250 cash prizes, in the form of a check – one winner per category and size.
- Decorations should be traditional, classic, or vintage in nature.
- Inflatables are discouraged. Displays comprised of only inflatables will not be eligible for the contest.
- All decorations should be family-friendly and appropriate for all ages.
- Destination Gettysburg will market the area as a destination to see holiday decorations.
- Judges are not eligible for prizes.
BONUS – Main Street Gettysburg’s Bright Star Award:
- Sponsored and administered by Main Street Gettysburg
- Eligibility: Must be registered as a commercial participant in Destination Gettysburg’s 2023 Holiday Decorating Contest
- Prizes: Main Street Gettysburg will award two (2) commercial participants a complimentary Merchant Sponsorship for the 2024 Christmas Festival (valued at $250 each).
- Winners will be selected independently of Destination Gettysburg’s judging panel, and are awarded at the discretion of Main Street Gettysburg.