Gallery exhibitions showcasing local and regional artists. Art, music, dance, and cooking classes of all lengths, for all ages—including short-term seminars for residents and visitors alike. After-school and summer arts programming for children. Financial support for area art and music endeavors. Visiting artists in county schools. These are just a few of the ways the Adams County Arts Council cultivates an arts-rich community in Adams County.
Incorporated in 1993, the Adams County Arts Council has evolved from a small group of optimistic organizers into a significant area nonprofit agency that supports artistic efforts throughout the county’s schools and communities. We provide arts opportunities for students of all ages and support the work of local arts presenters and artists.
Just a selection of our programming:
- Art, music, dance, and cooking classes for all ages–spend a free afternoon or evening exploring a subject in one of our short-term seminars, or dig more deeply into your medium in a longer-term class.
- Arts in Education brings musicians, dancers, and visual artists into county schools to enhance students’ fluency in the arts.
- Annual Recyclable Art Contest for school-aged children teaches environmental stewardship and artistic principles.
- Adams County Traveling Children’s Theater Troupe provides opportunities for kids to explore the dramatic arts.
- Supporting The Arts Regionally (STAR) grants provide financial support to arts organizations in the county, like the Brass Band Festival, Music Gettysburg!, our Sunday in the Park concert series, and the Adams County Heritage Festival.
- Financial assistance for seniors and low-income residents gives everyone in the community access to arts education.
- After-school arts programming provides enriching opportunities for students after the school day.
- Summer arts camps give kids of all ages the opportunity to explore a variety of artistic disciplines and media.
Visit our galleries at 125 South Washington Street in Gettysburg, or visit us online at www.adamsarts.org.
- Student Travel
- Handicap Accessible