Gettysburg is much more than the battlefield. The town of Gettysburg has a fascinating history dating back to the pre-Revolutionary War days. Walk the streets of Gettysburg with a Licensed Town Guide, who will relay, with historical accuracy, the civilians’ experiences before, during and after the great battle. Using historic sites and period photography, we give you an overview of 1863 Gettysburg that can only be experienced by walking the streets and getting to know the individuals and characters who lived here.
The best introduction to the experience Gettysburg is our 90-minute Town Tour. No large groups, just for you and your party. These tours run daily between 10am through 3pm.
We also offer several 90-minute specialty tours during the day. These tours run between 10am through 3pm.
- Black History Tour–Learn about the black community of Gettysburg and events that made Gettysburg an important stop on the road to freedom.
- Seldom Seen Tour– See places off the beaten path
- Danger & Courage (Southern End Tour)– Learn about the events in the southern end of town.
Daytime tours are 90 min. daily between 10am and 3pm and cost $25 for adults, students (9-17) are $10, and children 8 and under are free.
We also offer shorter, one-hour evening tours on various themes that begin at 6pm. (5pm after the start of standard time). The cost is $15; children 8 and under are free.
- Sunday & Monday: Lincoln Tour– Experience Lincoln’s 25 hours in Gettysburg.
- Tuesday & Thursday: Battle in the Streets–Learn about the fighting in the streets and how the civilians coped with it
- Wednesday& Friday: Historic Tavern Tour— Balloon Rides, Murder, Tanks, Medal of Honor. No alcohol, but vouchers for food and wine may be available.
- Saturday: Mystery/Untold Tales Tour–Secret meetings, murder never solved.
NOTE: The amount of walking will vary depending on the pace of the individuals or group. We limit the size of groups to ensure quality and they are appropriate for all ages and fitness levels.