Gettysburg is much more than the battlefield. The town of Gettysburg has a fascinating history dating back to the pre-Revolutionary War days. Walk the streets of Gettysburg with a Licensed Town Guide, who will relay, with historical accuracy, the civilians’ experiences before, during and after the great battle. Using historic sites and period photography, we give you an overview of 1863 Gettysburg that can only be experienced by walking the streets and getting to know the individuals and characters who lived here.
The best introduction to the experience Gettysburg is our 90-minute Town Tour. No large groups, just for you and your party. These tours run daily between 10am through 3pm.
We also offer shorter, one-hour tours daily between May 15 and October 15:
– Every morning at 9am, we offer our Early Bird Unsung Heroes. Which concentrates on the men, women, and children who lived through the battle in their midst.
– Every evening, we offer a different 60-minute tour that begins at 6pm. (5pm after the start of standard time):
- Monday: Lincoln Tour– Experience Lincoln’s 25 hours in Gettysburg.
- Tuesday: Danger & Courage— The battle at the southern part of Gettysburg
- Wednesday: Tavern Tour– Balloon Rides, Murder, Tanks, Medal of Honor. No alcohol, but vouchers for food and wine may be available.
- Thursday: Battle in the Streets—Recounts the fighting in the northern part of town.
- Friday: Tavern Tour
- Saturday: Mystery/Untold Tales Tour–Secret meetings, murder never solved.
- Sunday: Mystery/Untold Tales Tour
We also offer several 90-minute specialty tours. These tours run between 10am through 3pm.
- Black History Tour–Learn about the black community of Gettysburg and events that made Gettysburg an important stop on the road to freedom.
- Seldom Seen Tour– See places off the beaten path.
- College & the Town Tour— See the College and learn how the Town and College grew together.
- Presidential Tour– Hear about the Presidents who visited Gettysburg and their unique relationship with the Town on a. Daytime tours are 90 min. daily between 10am and 3pm.
NOTE: The amount of walking will vary depending on the pace of the individuals or group. We limit the size of groups to ensure quality and they are appropriate for all ages and fitness levels.