The Historic Preservation Society of Gettysburg-Adams County (HGAC) restored the G.A.R. Hall at 53 East Middle Street in Gettysburg about 40 years ago. The Hall was originally built as a Methodist Church in 1822 and was used as a hospital during the Battle of Gettysburg. After the Civil War, the Grand Army of the Republic purchased the building and used it as their meeting hall. Today it serves as a meeting place for a number of Civil War-related organizations and is also available for rental for special events. Tours of the building are available upon request.
HGAC is committed to preserving all things historic in Gettysburg and Adams County. To that end, the society offers the following:
For more information, please consult the HGAC website at www.hgaconline.org.