It Began Here… An Unforgettable Gettysburg Experience Begins Here, Too.
Here you will discover…
Gettysburg’s first day of fighting
One of the battlefield’s largest hospitals
Dilemmas that caused the nation to rupture
…all in a building that was itself a part of the battle.
Visit and Explore:
- Three floors of immersive exhibits and stunning artifact displays
- Interactive programming for visitors of all ages
- 10 original murals by renowned artist Dale Gallon commissioned exclusively for the museum
- A mile-long interpretive battlefield walking trail
- A perspective you will find nowhere else in Gettysburg
Visit the Cupola
From the historic structure at the top of the building, enjoy an unparalleled 360-degree view of the battlefield. See the view from where Brigadier General John Buford imagined the Federal defense, and soldiers and civilians witnessed the battle erupt.
Escape From Seminary Ridge
Experience our historically-themed escape room, housed in the attic of historic Schmucker Hall (Seminary Ridge Museum and Education Center).
As the fighting west of Gettysburg rages through the afternoon of July 1, 1863, Union General Oliver Otis Howard is relying on your small Signal Corps team in the attic of the Lutheran Seminary to predict the Confederates’ potential movements and points of attack.
The enemy is closing in; you only have an hour to gather what information you can before you must retreat or be taken prisoner.
Can you…Escape from Seminary Ridge?
*Located along the National Park Service’s auto tour route*
Fully ADA compliant (except Cupola)