You may know what happened on the battlefield . . . but do you know what happened to the families and their homes in town?
Travel back in time with a living historian in period attire while you listen to the story of ordinary people caught up in extraordinary events. Connect with George, Hettie, Sadie (7), and Mollie (5) Shriver to appreciate what life was like before, during, and after the American Civil War.
- One of the finest homes in town when it was built in 1860 as residence for the Shriver family and a business for George: ‘Shriver’s Saloon & Ten-Pin Alley’
- Every room is frozen in time and accurately furnished to its 1860s appearance
- Authentic bloodstained sharpshooters nest in the attic – where at least two Confederates died
- CSI Detectives used modern forensics to confirm massive pools of bloodstains where Confederates soldiers were shot and killed
- See the devastating aftermath families were left to deal with when the soldiers retreated
- Civil War period medical supplies found hidden in the house support the conclusion wounded soldiers were treated in the house
- Numerous bullet holes scar the bricks
- 19th century period garden
- Museum shop
- See hundreds of items discovered during the restoration, including live Civil War ammunition, Civil War period medical supplies, and much, much more.Used as a film location by PBS, The Discovery Channel, The Travel Channel, A&E, HGTV, BBC, CNN, The History Chanel, and more.